Tuesday, June 28, 2011

24 Hours

I feel like I have been going 90 miles an hour since I started working full-time, but last week just about put me over the edge. I literally worked NINETY HOURS. That might not seem like a lot to you crazies out there who work yourselves to death, but I am not one of those people, and it was a little out of control for me. Somewhere between those working hours I found some time to have some good times ... a movie night with Kristan and Coach T, a sleepover at my mom's, a bike ride with N&D, and then Craig came to town for the weekend so I spent some quality time with D and the boys... we even hit up RAGING WATERS, and I of course won our big game of Hearts... good times. Anyway, Saturday morning when I was heading home from work at 7:30am I realized I had been awake for over 24 HOURS. It's kind of crazy that you can actually have a plan for every minute of the day...

Friday:
7am -- wake-up
8:30am -- arrive at work
2:30pm -- leave work to go meet D, Craig, and Ryan and Macy at Hire's for onion rings and root beer
4:30pm -- hit up P&T's to pay Romey a little visit and get ready for the night
5:30pm -- D picked me up to head to a reception with the other boys
9pm -- leave reception for dinner at Cheesecake. Blake and I shared because D is an impossible person to try to share with.
11pm -- leave SLC to head back to work in P-town. I was lucky enough to get out of the first 5 hours of my shift.
SATURDAY 7am -- finish up work and head home....
7:45am -- BED, finally!
I squeezed in 4 hours of sleep before hitting the water slides! Don't worry after working another 12 hour shift on Sunday I slept for twelve hours. You'd think that would be enough but I feel like I'm still recovering. Hopefully the four days of camping we have planned this weekend will be just what I need....

2 comments:

nerak said...

boo for 90 hour work weeks and 24 hours staying up?! meli, that's nuts. but glad a good portion of that 24 hours was FUN!

Jo said...

Sounds truly impossible to me Melissa. I'm so impressed that you did it.