Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Slickrock of Death

We went down to Moab for the long weekend. My brothers were really wanting to do Slickrock and asked if Davis and I wanted to join. I was reluctant (because I didn't want to hold them back), but they talked me into it. I think it was probably the hardest thing I've ever been talked into. The first couple of hours were fun... screaming down the shoots, and pedaling my little heart back up, but at lunch (when we stopped and shared a granola bar and a couple of almonds because we were told it would only take us around 2 hours... it took over double that) my body was ready to be done, and we weren't even half way!! Then we ran out of water, and I started thinking about what would happen if I just sat myself down and died. Somehow we made it out alive, and it was actually a lot of fun despite the pain my ENTIRE body was feeling. My bros were nice and took good care of us while they were waiting for us. It gave them plenty of time to take millions of pics of the fancy sights....






4 comments:

Jo said...

Sounds harrowing Melissa. I'm so impressed with your strength of body and mind! And the photos are wonderful-- real action shots!

nelsons said...

mel im super impressed..) its no joke down in those parts..

.kaitlyn. said...

your words were exactly how I felt about last memorial day's camping trip :)

Andrea said...

John should definitely wear spandex more often.