Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Near Death

I had to take Ron to the airport early, early today. After the crazy amount of snow we got last night (I missed The Women Tell All because of the stupid snow) I wanted to take the Xterra, but it was snowed in (it doesn't make sense, I know) so we were cruising along in a big fatty car. After some careful driving (hmm.. playing each other in hearts on our phones) we made it to airport. When Ron got out of the car he reminded me to drive slow since that car doesn't do so hot in the snow. So I was cruising along I80 and I hit a patch of snow and started to spin. I barely missed the two cars next to me and continued to do a 360 across the entire freeway. When I finally stopped spinning I was perpendicular to the road and my drivers side was facing the on-coming traffic that had slammed on their brakes to avoid hitting me. While I was spinning i knew i was going to die and there was nothing i could do about it. It reminded me of the Vegas Bowl when i was in the tunnel when the jets flew over and i thought a bomb went off in the stadium. I knew i was going to die right then, but somehow i made it out of that one alive too. I guess I'm a pretty lucky girl.

6 comments:

Becca said...

i'm glad you didn't die.

Andrea said...

Perhaps it's time for a winter drivers ed refresher? So scary!

Lins said...

Yikes mel... thats a big story, you should have told that one tonight. i would have pooped myself

Ali said...

scary! that exact thing happened to me once on 1-80. it was terrifying. i didn't die either.

Jo said...

Happened to us once too. So scary to be totally out of control on a freeway. I'm so thankful you weren't hit!

maeve said...

aaaaahhhh!!! that would be so scary! obviously so glad you are OK