Thursday, February 03, 2011

Back to the Grind

I never thought I was one who really enjoyed working that much. ha. But then I found something I was kind of crazy about in NYC. Sure, it had it's days, and I had more than enough moments of being beyond stressed out, but I really wish I could just plop that job, those kids, and my coworkers right down in Utah. The past few months I've been missing work a lot. Way more than I ever expected I would. I've been a little worried that I wouldn't find something I enjoyed as much as CAS. Looking and interviewing for jobs is prob the worst process in the world but the payoff can be pretty great. I have to say, I'm kind of excited about the new gig, and it has potential to be something I might be really excited about. This my first week working everyday and I'm pretty worn out. I've forgotten how hard it is to work everyday, but it's a pretty great feeling to come home feeling good about what you did with your day, especially when you're getting paid to do it.... Keeping my fingers crossed it's a good one... Here's some pics of the old gig... the unit I supervised, my old supervisor with old coworkers, and my bestie we started on the exact same day over 3 years ago. Good times in the Bronx.


2 comments:

nerak said...

It's a major adjustment going back to work! But I'm glad you're liking your new job -- I want to hear all about it!

Jo said...

I'm excited for you Melissa, and hope you'll come to love this job, and that you'll quickly adapt to the more tiring days that I'm sure it brings.

Loved seeing your old co-workers!