Thursday, January 06, 2011

Cambodia

We spent the last three days of our trip getting to and from Cambodia and visiting Angkor Wat. As you can tell... I was getting pretty tired from all of the traveling around we were doing, but it was def worth it. We flew from Phuket back to Bangkok and then hired a car to drive us to the border. The border was a little tricky and after crossing we hired another car to take us to Siem Reap, the town closest to Angkor Wat. That night we hiked up and watched the sunset from one of the ruins. Then we spent all of the next day touring around the ruins. The ruins were kind of amazing though... it was just SO hot. We definitely felt like that was enough time to spend there, but I know some people who spent a few more days there. I can only handle ruins for so long. We did stay in a really nice place that was super cheap and we had our favorite food... so, yes, go to Cambodia if you are ever in the area. Here are some pics from the beauty of place. BTW, Davis wanted to buy that Elephant statue and bring it home... I had to veto.










5 comments:

Jo said...

Oh wow-- those photos are rich! What an exotic place it looks like.
"I can only handle ruins for so long." LOL!

Good move on vetoing the elephant statue!

Team Gecko's Triumphs said...

oh mel, your sleeping photos always kill me...

nici said...

Ya...you used to have so many sleeping photos. They killz me.

maWeesa said...

I never knew I had so many sleeping photos. I guess my peeps like taking pics of me since I obvs can't take sleeping ones myself.

andrea said...

it was amazing right?!