Monday, December 13, 2010

It Happened

I woke up today REALLY missing New York. I spent the last little bit spying on people who still live there jealous about what they're up to. Maybe because the short window between Thanksgiving and Christmas was always my favorite time to be in the city. It really is the perfect place for Christmas. Maybe because I miss my job so much. Maybe because last Christmas was one of my favorite ones ever. Maybe because Mary was here this weekend and it made me miss our friends. Maybe because I miss having our own place to deck and I miss Davis and Lyla walking home with our tree. Maybe I'm just a little sad it's over. Good memories.

2 comments:

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

I don't believe you.

nichole said...

I know. Once you've iceskated with Daisy, it's all downhill from there.
we miss you too. :( :(