Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Business in the Front, Party in the Back

I like to change the color of my hair. I've been dying it since I was 12, literally, 12, and I haven't had it my natural color since then. It's been bright red, dark brown, white, kind of red, kind of brown, kind of blonde, dark brown on the bottom and blonde on the top, chunky gross highlights, and just about every other combo you can think of. About a year ago I started doing a double process. I loved it, but the roots kind of stressed me out. Everybody kept saying, "I never knew your hair was BLACK." I'm not sure why this bothered me since I'm fully aware I'm not fooling anyone with my fake-blonde-ness, but just in case you were wondering, my hair is NOT black. I prefer calling it mousey, or the perfect nothing color of light brown and dark blonde blahness. Anyway, right before I left NYC I decided I didn't want to deal with the roots anymore so I changed the bottom so it wasn't quite as blonde and died the roots darker. I know, I know, it sounds exactly what I WASN"T going for... darker roots? But it's what I did, and I guess it's called OMBRE, if you want to be fancy about it. Now I can grow it out if I want, and have my hair a million different colors or go back blonde again without too much hassle. So, I was just looking at some pics from a recent hike, and I realized I have some business in the front and a party in the back, that is, if you believe blondes have more fun. Which, let's be honest, they kind of do.



Oh, the things you think about when you don't have a job.

No comments: