Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter

It looks like everyone had a lot of good times Easter weekend.... ours was kind of ideal. Besides celebrating the big ONE year we hung out with this and that too. And I think THAT just might have been the best meal I've had in NYC. (I'm starting to stress out that none of my mother's homemaking skills transferred to me... UGH)

Anyway, back to EASTER... The weather was ideal, we got the bikes out for the first time, and it was just a lot of fun... I felt like we were going, going, going around the city, and it was one of those weekends when I was loving being here. Because I was loving Easter so much, I was trying to think of what Easter was like when I was little, and I realized I was making up all of these memories of being home and waking up to Easter baskets and going to church (side-note, i do remember always having a new dress for "Easter" but I'm pretty sure I just started wearing it when we returned from our trip the Sunday after Easter). I guess in my mind I think that's what I think people do on Easter even though my family never did. We always headed down south with our extended family for Spring Break and did some intense camping. Here's a pic of how lovely we looked after a week of camping.
Having planned a few camping trips myself, I can't really imagine how much work went into planning these trips. We always had gourmet meals for EVERY meal, fancy Easter egg hunts either in the desert, or in Price on our way home, and we always did lots of lizard catching, hiking, and of course, playing cards around the campfire. I hope that when I have kids, I have the same energy my mom and aunts had so that I can plan awesome trips for my kids. I have so many fun memories of these trips, and I feel like they sprouted my love of camping and spending time outside.... So I guess I just want to say thanks to all of those mean Huber sisters for rallying the troops for some good old fashioned camping.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Melissa - that is an awesome picture of you guys! It looks like every one was enjoying themselves? ;0) Spencer said with a smirk, "Those were pretty serious times."

Jo said...

Melissa, I loved your post. Lots of fun info and great pictures! I loved Davis' bunny ears.

Wow, reading about your family tradition of Easter camping trips makes me happy for you, and full of incredulous admiration for your mom. Camping is SUCH hard work, but then when you threw in "gourmet meals" I couldn't even imagine it. What a woman!

scott and lindsey said...

I love that picture! hilarious! Sounds like you guys had some good Easter Sundays/Weekends in the past. Glad you enjoyed the weather and celebrated your one year! Goes fast uh!?

Annie said...

Best picture ever!! I love that the Easter Bunny made it to the desert. Pinkie is the Best!

nici said...

Whoa...that pic is money.

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

It appears that nostalgia has obscured the fact that, according to the picture, everyone hated that trip.

elsa bags said...

that picture is amazing! that barely looks like peter