Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stressing Me Out

The last couple of weeks have been stressing me right out. My new job has been really good but really just A LOT so much my head hearts every night when I get home, but the thing that has been stressing me out more than anything else is these two love birds....
Yes, Rhett and Scarlett from Gone With the Wind just about put me over the edge. It's one of, if not my number one, favorite book EVER. Why have I not read this beauty before?? I really couldn't put it down until I finished every one of those 1400 pages, and then I cried and I cried and now, two days later, I canNOT stop thinking about it.

I'm hoping the movie will ease some of this stress, but I doubt it.

7 comments:

sarah marie. said...

isn't it the best book EVER?! i read it just a couple of months ago for the first time too and loved every second. the movie is not nearly as good and they rush through everything. i guess they have too but still.

Kristan said...

This still brings a smile to my face. I love that you love it. And I repeat, do not watch the movie. I know you won't listen to me, but I have to try :) Keep Rhett just in your head where he is perfect.

Andrea said...

I borrowed the movie from Christine last week, but have not yet watched it. Perhaps I should read the book first?

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

I loved and probably still love the movie. I have never read the book so maybe I should give it a go? I have also seen the movie…"Scarlett" which is the sequel to GWTW? There is also a book titled Scarlett if you really don't want to be left hanging. Although, it's written by a different author and some hate it. I guess you can decide if you want to read it. :0)

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Get a grip, woman.

nichole said...

I loved this book and read it twice before I was 14; what is even more interesting is that it took her 10 years to write, her one and only book. DO NOT read the pretend sequel Scarlett, it's just a shady Harlequin romance. I tried to watch the movie recently but it was difficult because it was Civil-War racism coupled with 1930's Hollywood racism. Still, the 'Titanic' of its day, both in budget and detail, except with exceptional acting- Vivien Leigh (played Scarlett)'s life is a tragic one as well.
And now I've just divulged what a GWTW (as opposed to DWTS) junkie I am, er, was.
I have the movie if you want to borrow. :|