Tuesday, February 02, 2010

6 Days....

If I don't shower today, tomorrow will be one WEEK since I had the chance. If you know me well, you already know that I'm not the kind that needs a shower every day, or even every other day, usually two or three a week works for me, but to go an entire week, I don't think I've done that since Linds and I were setting records in Ecuador for the longest in the group to go without a shower (I won with 17 days... eww, that's gross). So why don't I just take a shower? WE DON'T HAVE ANY HOT WATER, and I'm not about to take a FREEZING shower, NO WAY.

We haven't had hot water since Friday night, and I was planning to take a nice long bath Saturday morning until I realized we had a water problem. Now that I'm a mature adult it's literally driving me crazy that I haven't showered for nearly a week but the other people in our building are literally losing their minds. Imagine how bad it must be if I, a nice innocent girl from Utah, who doesn't even shower enough to keep up with social norms is freaking out. Every time I run into a friendly neighbor they start dropping F bombs about how pissed they are about the water situation. People are starting to leave notes in the elevator. Here's a friendly one I saw last night, "IT'S BEEN THREE F*&^ DAYS!" and now all of the tenants are supposed to call some housing attorney and the city so we can get our rent discounted. This has all been communicated through, you guessed, it more notes in the elevator. I guess there's nothing like making already angry New Yorkers even angrier. Nothing but good times around here, friends.

7 comments:

matt said...

Do you have a stove that works?
Do you have a washcloth?
Warm water sponge bath....

Kristan said...

I can't imagine! That's horrible. ps . . . I love that I had no clue and didn't think anything was out of the ordinary this weekend :)

Kristan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nici said...

This is cracking me up. It's just so hard to believe that that you actually care about getting clean. Tell the truth, it's your 2 hours baths you miss.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

eeewwwwww

scott and lindsey said...

There is NOTHING worse than a cold shower! I wouldn't have gotten in either. I hope they fix it soon.. in the mean time, you're welcome to come over and use ours ;)

as you can guess, we're back in the city. We'll have to get together soon! Maybe when you smell decent. jk

Annie said...

I'd probably go that long too if I didn't have hot water. Cold showers are the WORST.

PS I"m LOVING Max's Van socks...I get so many compliments on them. I put a pic of him wearing them on my blog.