Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Watching the Wheels"

When I was in 7th grade I was in this weird class called Autonomous Learner Model "ALM." The whole point of the class was to conduct a research project. We could choose whoever we wanted to research, it just had to be "a great." I asked my teacher if I could do my research on John Lennon, and she said she didn't think he was "a great." After a week or so went by, I asked her again and begged and begged her until she eventually let me research John.
I had a fun time learning about John, and at the end of the year we had a "Night of the Greats," and I got to dress up as John wearing my mom's old bell-bottoms.

Last week was the anniversary of his death, and Davis and I happened the be running through the park past Strawberry Fields that night. There were tons of people singing and dancing around, and everyone was really into it. My favorite song we sang was "Watching the Wheels." It was kind of a magical little moment.. all of these randoms coming together to sing and sway...
I love finding little treasures like this in the park.

6 comments:

Greg said...

That little "circle" of events is something very sweet. You expressed it well.

Davis Bell said...

Your teacher was right.

Ali said...

oh great.

i just posted a pic of john lennon. funny.

Jo said...

I love those "magical little moments". Cool that you guys ran right into one. BTW, are you two jogging together?

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Wow, I hope your realize what a loving, difficult gesture is was for a certain person to comment on a John Lennon tribute post.

Anonymous said...

aio辣妺視訊aio交友愛情館85cc0204視訊交友0410免費視訊聊天網a片A片av女優av女優sex貼片18成人視訊網18成人貼圖區正妹牆聊天室ut85ccut聊天室洪爺視訊聊天室自拍s18x論壇s18x成人a片avut免費a片18成人免費a片18成人免費a片視訊美女a片下載