Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"Dachs Song"

While the fam was here I dragged them down to Washington Square Park for the Weenie Festival. Since I've had Lyla SO many people have told me about the festival and how I HAD to take her... This year it rained so I'm told there weren't as many dogs there, but we still had fun.
There were probably a couple of hundred dogs.... It was fun to see all the different kinds of Weenies.
I thought these twins were SUPER cute... Their sweatshirts said "It's RUFF being spoiled."

This fatty cracked me up...
A lot of the weenies were dressed up.. This was my favorite costume. I think next year we'll have to get an outfit for Lyla.

There were also some impostors running around... Tia fell in love with this little girl.


We ran into Jed and Heather while we were there. Jed is Spencer's friend from FOREVER, and Heather was in my ward in SLC. They actually met at the Prom we had, and now they're married... How crazy is that?? Anyways, Jed took some cute pics of the weenies....
I love this one with the arch in the back...

And, of course, one of Lyla...

The party wore her right out, and she spent the rest of the night cuddling with grandma.


In case you were wondering what the "Dachs Song" is take a listen.... It's a special song just for weenies that everyone sings at the festival while they walk around the fountain holding their dog up!!
It's awesome... Holla!

5 comments:

Christian said...

Oh dear.

nici said...

Get a grip, freak bomb.

Ali said...

ya this behavior is out of control. really MELISSA.

Heather said...

I loved seeing you and Lyla. Please let us dogsit for you!!!

lins.e said...

mel you and your dog... your like little lovers