Monday, September 21, 2009

"Work"

So... I'm done working in foster care. We had a little going away party when Dillon and I left... Here's our unit...
It's kind of crazy I'm done. I had to say goodbye to all of my kids, the parents, and coworkers I've been working with for the past TWO years. I have mixed feelings about being done. I thought I was ready, but now I just think about what's going on with all of my families and wonder if my kids are doing alright. When I took that job I was a little reluctant because of all of the horror stories I'd heard about working in foster care, but I don't think I could have picked a better job coming out of school. I learned SO much and met so many amazing people and so many difficult people. It was quite the experience. Let's just hope the new gig turns out as well as the old one. I feel like a real grownup moving on to a second "real" job... not sure how I feel about it.

4 comments:

Andrea W. said...

Congratulations on your new job! I'm sure it's hard to let go of all those kids and people you've worked with. Good luck with your new one.

Team Gecko's Triumphs 4/23/09 said...

Your hair MEL! Wow, you really went for a change, looks fun. What new job?

Breona said...

Where are you going?

Jo said...

It is hard to leave old friends, and I'll bet it's especially hard to leave kids that you've tried to help. I'll bet they miss you!