Monday, September 14, 2009

"Desert Rose"

2009 has been the year of traveling west.
I've been to Utah SIX times in EIGHT months! If that's not a lot, I'm not sure what is. I told Davis that we spend so much time there we might as well move there, and spend money traveling to other new places, but what can you do??
I am definitely NOT complaining about being able to go home so often!

The week before Labor Day my work sent me to Denver again for some more training so I decided to extend and make use of being so close to fun people.
We headed down to Havasupai, where I've been wanting to go forever...

We hiked in Saturday morning after a scary drive through the night from vegASS to the trail head... Once we got in we had lots of fun swimming around and taking advantage of the water...
Then we got a little bit braver and started checking out the cliffs...
Krista and I couldn't let the chance to go by to relive our jumping experience in Africa two years ago, and she convinced me I'd be okay this time around....
After barely stepping off the edge... I made it out alive... I just can't make myself JUMP out... I prefer baby steps.
We did some exploring of other parts of the canyon that were pretty sweet...
I kind of felt like I was in Hawaii with those big falls..
The group shots...
Nici wouldn't forgive me if I didn't post this beauty...
The views of the canyon while hiking out...
Happy to be done...

5 comments:

nerak said...

i'm really jealous you got to go to havasupai!! it looks amazing.

nici said...

You scared the devil out of everybody when you baby stepped off that waterfall.

Christian said...

Man, I want to go there.

Jo said...

Oh my goodness, Melissa-- you are so brave! That place looks gorgeous. What a fun time!

Christina said...

Wow, you look like Olivia in that cute close up of Nici and you. Or should I say Olivia looks a lot like you? :0)