Friday, July 17, 2009

"Homesick"

BACK TO THE GRIND...
that's about all I have to say about being back. My first day back at work I felt like I was in a daze walking around the city because I had completely forgotten about my life here... Seriously, I felt like I was in a dream. It always takes me awhile to get back into the swing of things and to forget about the fun life I would have if I lived in Utah :) Here's some examples of things I would do if I lived in Utah...

Boating at Pineview
Davis' nephew broke his leg while we were there, and I couldn't get over his cast. It was SO cute and it cracked me up.

FREE Jenny Lewis shows... OH man, oh man I wish I could be her, and I wish I could go to more of the free shows this year there are some pretty amazing ones....

Hanging out with old friends. So Annie is pregnant, and she came over for lunch while I was home, and after she left my mom and I got talking about how fun it would be for US (meaning Pinkie) to make Annie a quilt for the little guy. We went and picked out fabric, the next day I left for Cali, and when I got back THREE days later she had whipped this beauty out... I must say, she's pretty freaking amazing. She also made me a skirt and dress while I was there.. Holla!
A better shot of the fancy quilt...

Other highlights included illegal fireworks wars, tubing on the Weber River, golfing, hiking, recumbent biking on the Legacy Highway Trail every morning, dinners and sleepovers with girlfriends, BBQ's, Sunday Dinners, Cherry Hill, and Lyla having her operation...
Why do I live here??

5 comments:

David said...

Cardiac canyon at Cherry Hill... doesn't get much better than that! I actually went to Cherry Hill by myself last year. I probably looked a little creepy standing in line by myself among a bunch of 13-year-old kids but I didn't really care.

nerak said...

That's fun you got to see Jenny. Remember how amazing she is? I miss you, concert buddy.

Annie said...

Still can't get over that quilt...I can't wait to get my hands on it again!! I wish I could have seen you more while you were here.

Greg said...

Neat about Dave, but what great doggie pictures!!!

And Happy Birthday, Dave. You have great friends, and what a wife to throw a party.

We loved, loved, loved having you guys. What a fun summer it made to have you and Dave--and Lyla.

mary said...

yeah. your mom should probably make a quilt for each of my future kids. so cute!