Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Camping Next to Water"

11 years ago my brothers hiked Buckskin Gulch and Paria down to Lee's Ferry. They came home raving about it, and I was so jealous and sad that I didn't get to go. I've been obsessed with going since then, and I was reminded of it again when Linds and Tyler did it a couple of weeks ago. Last week, I convinced Matt to guide Davis, Nici, Tia, and me down all 19 miles of the canyon, and we had some good times.

Of course... we took some pics to document the event...

muddy feet...

Tia, Mel, Nici...

Nici needing help, as always...

Starting out...

random shots...

just hiking along...

crossing the swamp.... GROSS

Tia's bird...

the perfect sleeping spot...

lazy bones...

a rattle...

some slots...

tree jams in the slots...

more slots...

little lizards...

Indian stuff...

big walls...

our leaders...


I want to move back so we can do fun things all the time!!

6 comments:

Annie said...

I think you should move back too! I want to go a hiking adventure with you. That place looks amazing! It was so good to see you this week.

nici said...

a. i wasn't struggling
b. that bird cracks me up every single time
c. don't go back to that stupid city

Team Gecko's Triumphs 4/23/09 said...

utah rules!

scott and lindsey said...

This looks AWESOME!!! I wanna go!!

Jo said...

What intrepid hikers. I'm impressed! And what a beautiful place. That first picture of the slot canyon was breathtaking.

Was the bird injured? Did Tia take it home?

Breona said...

You did have a great time here. Utah does have a bit of everything. Well, no ocean...the gulch does look amazing! That is on my list of adventures. Your mom is amazing! Really. I love her quilts. You shouldve posted pics of your skirt and dress. Maybe just maybe I'd see you more if you moved back? Great pics!