Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Some Enchanted Evening"

I was VERY sad to stay in town for Memorial Day. My whole family was in Wyoming for the first time of the season, and I think this is the first Memorial Day of my life I haven't gone out of town... believe me, I was struggling with it, but we made the most of it and actually had a lot of fun.

Thursday night I went to South Pacific at Lincoln Center with Mary and Andrea. I'd been wanting to see that show for awhile, and it was oh so good.

Friday night we went to our first Yankees game of the season, and my first game at the new stadium. It was the perfect night for a game, and we even scooted on up to The Bronx.
Saturday we took Metro North up to the Hudson River Valley and went on a little hike with other people who I didn't get any pics of and the person who did (Jon) is a bad emailer so I'll probably never get them... It was really pretty up there, and I've informed Davis that we will be spending a lot more time there.


Sunday we spent the evening in the park doing the usual, and Davis thought I was a Debbie Downer for not wanting to wrestle Andrea and Mary... oh well, what can you do? I have to put my foot down sometimes.

Monday we went to brunch with Ali at cute place on the LES and talked about how she's leaving us, and I'm still very sad about it. Then we found an antique bike shop that had Slush Puppies.. yummy... it was the perfect downtown day. I guess we made the most of our holiday in the city... Now we're just waiting for beach season to begin.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

So glad you had a good weekend. We missed you in Wyoming...

nerak said...

I know what you mean about spending Memorial Day weekend in town. I did too, and it went against every fiber in my being. BUT, sounds like you had a GREAT weekend.

And bring on the beach season. Don't forget, Jersey Shore June 20!

Annie said...

Sounds like a perfect Memorial Day weekend. I LOVE the dress you're wearing in front of the Lincoln Center. Hottie!! It's funny because I always think about Wyoming over Memorial since I"ve spent a few Memorial weekends there, it really is the Best!