Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Can't Help Falling in Love"

Lyla finally got to NY and met Uncle RonDon and Ali. They were all introduced over burgers at Shake Shack on Tuesday night (Ali wasn't as big of a fan... boo!).
Now all along, I've been trying to convince Ron and Davis to let me get a puppy, and Ron was pretty opposed, so I thought his reaction to Lyla would be mild... uh, guess again. I'm not sure if it's the swarm of 12 year old girls that she attracts everywhere she goes, or if it's Lyla herself, but Ron is pretty much obsessed.

On Tuesday morning at 6am, I got up with the puppy to let her go potty, and two minutes later Ron was standing there:

Ron: "Is she okay?"
Me: "Ya, she just went potty, and I put her back to bed."
Ron: "Oh, she's crying, maybe I should just put her to bed with me."

Two seconds later he was taking her out of her bed and carrying her to his bed where she spent the rest of the morning. This was after he tried to take her to bed at 11pm, and Davis refused to let him. This morning Ron took her to his bed to cuddle again, only this time she peed in it! Tonight, when Ron got home from work, he was looking at her admiringly and said to me, "I don't think there could be anything cuter than Lyla. She is the cutest looking puppy, and she has the best personality. I don't think there's anything she could do that would make me mad at her. She's perfect!" (WOW! this is the same day she peed in his bed!) And all along Ron was the one that didn't want to get the puppy.......

There's nothing that a perfect puppy can't fix, eh?

8 comments:

Kilgore's said...

That is so funny! So, T took us to Pinkie's to meet little Lyla on Saturday...she is ADORABLE! My girls absolutely loved her. And Taya asked where Peter's pretty sister was:)

Breona said...

Do you guys all live in the same house? Lyla is a cutie!

nerak said...

Oh Ron. That is cracking me up. Just imagine his kids. They will do no wrong in his eyes.

lins.e said...

Oh mel you sure do love that little pooch of yours don't you? She is a cute one

Ali said...

i like lyla. i just don't want to wear her around on my neck...

Davis said...

Uncle Ron is adorable.

Tia said...

That's pretty funny...Lyla sure is a cutie. BUT...be careful with the bed snuggling. It may seem cute now, but trust me, it's a BAD idea!!

nici said...

And the dog stories begin.