Saturday, December 06, 2008

"Half a World Away"

Here's some more pics from out trip to Peru...


The beginning of the trail... Before we knew what we were getting into.

Pinkie and Me...

It felt like we were on top of the world...


We made it to Warme Wausca, a mere 14,000 ft. above sea level... It was pretty awesome to be done with that climb.
We saw some llamas along the way...
The first views of MP...


It's crazy that there are people who live along the trail. Here's a view of one of the mini villages we passed.

Drinks to celebrate the last night.


Views of ruins...

Our crew...

I'm glad I didn't have to carry this baby the whole way...

The spread...

The bathroom in some ruins...

My mom and I...

The bus ride to the train... Happy to be done!

Cutie pie with a sucker from Sid.

Cutie pie school kids..


We woke up one morning and this boy came running over with his soccer ball. He wanted us to play with him. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. There's nothing like a 5am game of soccer.


More cute babies... Can you tell I couldn't get over them?

You guys ready to do it again??

2 comments:

Tia said...

Oh!! I can't believe we were still there last Sunday.The BEST trip. Peter is ready for Warmy now that he has fully recovered :)

p.s. what is the undisclosed event??

Nat Attack said...

I love that photo of you and your Mom. What a fun trip!!