Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Tiny Dancer"

Tuesday was Veteran's Day, and guess who got the day off (I never knew this was a day that pople got off)...
What's one to do in the middle of the week when nobody else has the day off? How about take a ballet class... I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll admit I was a little intimidated after going eight years without dancing, but on Tuesday I decided to take the big plunge, and I have to admit I kind of loved it. It was crazy how fast a lot of stuff came back to me. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely clumsy and not looking good, but I could follow most of the combinations... Holla! Hopefully I'll be motivated to go more regularly. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to put my point shoes on again without breaking an ankle. Until then, my butt is just trying to recover from Tuesdays class. Living in a fourth floor walk-up has not been fun since that class.

2 comments:

MishMyBelle said...

Mel-
I am so proud of you! What a great idea. I would LOVE to see you dance! You've been quite motivated lately...creative writing classes, dance, photography! Impressive.

Breona said...

WOwo. that sounds like a good random thing to do for a day off. You were a great ballerina. I remember going to that one dance of yours with Heid, lins and lindz....I think them, and you had your little tutu and shtuff. 8 whole years wow. I guess so.