Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Help"

For my job I regularly to go to court to report on how my families are doing. This can put me in awkward situations. The parents I work with can be difficult, but I try very hard to build working relationships with them. Reporting that they have positive drug tests, are missing visits or are not going to their programs, can add some strain to the relationship and make things awkward. It's strange to report on people's bad behavior and then play with them and their children the next day. That being said, I always try to lessen the blow, by informing my parents of what I'm going to report to the judge before we go to court so there aren't any surprises. For some reason no matter how many times talk I to parents about this before we go to court, they're always blown away and seem to be surprised by what I say. In the last month this has caused some pretty intense confrontations outside the court room.




I guess life isn't all bad in the court room. Last night after waiting for TEN hours to get called in on a case, one of the attorneys told me she wished she had me on every case because she enjoys to work with me so much. I guess it's comments like that that make all of the abuse worth it. Holla!

4 comments:

Kristan said...

And to think you actually like your job. . .

Nerak said...

i seriously don't know how you do it. seriously.

Heidi said...

Wow, sounds intense!!

nici said...

Where's your team spirit? If you don't put some red up on this blog soon people might think you're wavering again.