Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Africa"

The country directors in Africa send out random updates to the old volunteers, and sometimes they're kind of funny to read. They take me immediately back to last summer. I have to say.. when I read this paragraph, I was completely blown away and glad that this DID NOT happen to me last year. Read it, it will sick you right out....

So Sunday night I was noticing I was getting a blister on the side of my right big toe but didn't think anything of it. Monday morning, I was looking at my toe and noticing that the blister was white. I tried to pop it, and a really thick paste-like substance came out. A few hours later, I noticed some more, and got it out and noticed that they were really tiny little eggs, then saw that the eggs were encased in a sac that was not attached to my skin, but was inside my skin!!! Ahhhhh!!! So I guess I have been the carrier of some sort of eggs for the past few days. They looked like rice, but about 1/50 the size. Pretty gross huh? I wear Chaco sandals every day, and now that I think of it, I fell in that ditch last week and my feet were covered in who knows what…..uh….. Haha…awesome L

Here's some pictures that Nici and Ryan took last summer.... They're pretty professional, right?







1 comment:

Nerak said...

Oh sick. I can't even imagine...

Love the bubbles pic.